Just got back from Singapore yesterday..
Went all the way there just to meet an old friend of mine and siaw chin..
One of my best buddy back in Hong Kong.. and of course she didn't change a bit.
Still doesnt believe in my sense of directions and her famous phrase to me "go die" never change..
It was a great meet up with lots of laughter.. hahaha.. of coz siaw chin didnt find them funny as she was either the source or the subject of our laughter.. :
(1) when siaw chin busy looking for directions, i started nagging my HK friend for not doing a detailed research and as a result we are lost. Her reply was pretty amazing "I did my research! I found siaw chin and you to be my tour guide". Of course at that juncture I burst out laughing. Yeah definitely was a successful research. pergi singapore appoint malaysian tour guides lol.
(2) when siaw chin decided to stay put to take some nice pics and told us to walk ahead she would catch up later.. we did as we were told but asked each other the same question as siaw chin walked away.. " hang hui bian ah?"
(3) Once again we were lost with matcha float in our hands.. still remember the smooth texture yum yum.. Siaw chin to the rescue again. She walked ahead to look for directions to Orchard Street. Both of us stood under the shade and enjoyed our dessert. Well, Siaw chin came back and started dropping sarcastic remarks on how we enjoyed our desserts. hahahaha.
(4) Malaysians often mix their language. When I told Fiona about roti bakar.. of coz a hongkie wouldnt know whats that. Literal translation by me .. " its called burnt bread " Siaw chin tot I could have done a better translations than Burnt Bread which doesn't sound attractive or even edible at all.
In conclusion without siaw chin we would have died standing in Singapore.Then we started talking about the past on how we both miraculously survived in Paris without Siaw chin. Back then we two planned a trip to Paris with our mums. Mum being mum ... they are practically sux with directions.. I could remember three incidents.. (well not like I wanna remember):
(1) Four of us got lost in Louvre Museum (ok screw the spelling) .. our aim was pretty simple. Find Mona Lisa snap a pic and make a run to another destination. We started at 9am. 9.15am .. still looking for Mona Lisa..9.30am.. walking up and down high and low looking for her.. 9.40am started looking at the museum map... 9.50am ... Fiona: "wei can you ask Mona Lisa to come out and welcome us?" she was dead serious when she said it as we were too tired looking for her. Of course back then I already knew Mona Lisa is a PAINTING. and not the statue in US. (I mistook statue of liberty as Mona Lisa.. genuine mistake dudes)
(2) Mum took no interest in Mona Lisa. She got her eyes on all the statues without pants on. And one of the pic I snapped was her smiling happily with a finger pointing at a naked man's ... penis =.=''' the question to be asked.. was that more fascinating than my dad's one or he deprived you for way too long mum til just the sight of it got you so excited ? =.=
(3) after our tiring trips in Paris, we headed home by ourselves as we stayed at different hotels. Fiona and I both shared one thing in common. We are super stingy when it comes to accommodation. all the attractions are in Zone 1. You could say that is Kuala Lumpur. with nice hotels and what not. Fiona rented a place in Zone 2. basically a 30 mins train ride maybe? So you could say that is like subang jaya. lol now the question is.. the kedekut me.. where did I rent? lol. Zone 2? Nah still pricy. Zone 3 is around 1 hour ride ... pretty much like Nilai? then the train passed the whole of Zone 3. Off we go at Zone 4! Weeeeee up until today my mum still insisted that her experience in Paris was horrible as she saw so many blackies in the train. Everyone looked like robbers. Blame is on me I guess. Zone 5 was the last Zone. I told mum next time we could try Zone 5. Even cheaper and comes with a kitchen in the room!
Those were the days when everything needs to be calculated. So I told myself .. lets get a good job find the right one and worry not anymore..
In Singapore we started talking about Little Puyuh.. Fiona always say I tok too much and very "fan" so she actually cant imagine having a little puyuh around. Well think too much man =.=''' I am like the youngest among all... cant wait for fiona to get married and for me to fly to HK for her wedding. She is shorter than me thinner than me and definitely more chilli padi than me. :) thats how we became best buddies. People who knows me .. know that I am absolutely lazy to do anything. to fly to another country just to visit someone.. you really do mean a lot to me idiot.
Oh well that marks the end of my blog. Lastly ahhh siaw chinnn we have to test our "passing immigrations lines" soon. When we were queuing to pass the immigrations we had this random conversation..
Me: If later they ask what we are here for.. just say "table for 6. Matchmaking session. Me and her that's two. Still have room for 4. Care to join?"
Siaw chin : started laughing and telling me about her boss and table for 24 ... =.=''' bi table for 24 too many .... at the end of the day I probably get all the names wrong. Probably end up sleeping with one thinking his name is the other..
No comments:
Post a Comment