30 April, 2012

BERSIH!

My first time *blush* participating a rally...
I still remember the look I had back when I first saw video clips of Bersih 2.0 when I was still in UK..
It was the WTF look.. 
And a year later, here I am... participating Bersih 3.0.

28/4/2012 a day to remember... or probably can say a walk to remember ...

Started off my journey at 8.35am from shah alam to subang to meet up with my friends..
It was definitely an odd combo that day..
Kitty the reporter who dislike crowd..
Jow Liie the designer who doesnt seem to care abt politics..
Me the Pupil in Chambers who thinks that walking 8 mins down the road to makan lunch at a temple is FAR.. 

But we were damn semangat.. Left subang and took the LRT from Asia Jaya to Pasar Seni..

Our starting Point


Even though we were super early, it wasnt even 11am yet, but the crowd was there! 
 
Yellow Power Ranger =.=''' I felt so hot even though I was in my shorts... don't understand how u could balut urself up like that =.='' *salute*
Malaysia Boleh! =.='' this is really a joke man....
Bersih! = Toilet Brush???? = Angry Bird???? 

This is what we call creative. And of course to be able to find a yellow in colour toilet brush requires a lot of effort and time. So all I did was snap a pic. I swear I didn't stare or laugh.. Well at least not at that very moment ...

The only reason I took this pic is coz.. CHA TIME! plz don get distracted by the irrelevant ppl in the background

I was so happy when I saw cha time. What's better than a cup of cold bubble tea after 3 freaking long hours of walk under Mr. Sun! I dashed forward! and being the naive me, I thought it was open.. Clearly it didn't. *bummer*

Ppl who chose not to participate came up with a lot of excuses.. Top 5 excuses: 

1) Parents don't allow. Too dangerous
2) It's politic. Not interested and nothing will change. Waste of time
3) I just don't see the point to participate
4) Might get arrested
5) Bersih? What's that?

Well, I'm not gona condemn anyone here coz everyone has their own point of view.. 
The reasons why I went... are pretty straightforward..

Even if it changes nothing, does that mean we don't do anything? Just follow ur heart and do ur part..
Yup I agree ppl behind Bersih are politicians who are trying to gain advantage. So? We are not there because of them. We are there to voice out and to prove a point. We want fair election!

I left UK one day right after I got called to Lincoln's Inn. I took the night train right after ceremony dinner back to newcastle. Reached at 2am. Then packed took the flight at 12pm back to Malaysia. 

People around me thought I was mad. Why are you in such a hurry to return to a country which is pretty hopeless? Why didn't you wana stay and work in UK?
For those who chose to stay abroad and work... I understand.. more exposure n etc..
But at the end of the day.. Where do u belong?

You can apply any working visa you want.. You can condemn Malaysia in whichever way you like..
But don't forget, until the day you return to the ground/sea/air, you are a Malaysian.. 
So let's all do our part.. Try to make a change or at least die trying..

As for all the shits which happened later on.. Tear gas, chemical water cannon, bashing, arrest, rammed by police car, flipping a police car and etc...
There's no right or wrong.. If really have to push the blame on someone... then how about blaming the God?

Some ppl pointed their finger towards the leader of Bersih... Some blamed the authority..
Some blamed everybody...
How about we just blame God? Since all human are God's creation. So of course when comes to blaming, we blame the creator! How can we leave him out~ 
Ppl with ten fingers and one small pea brain... gosh..

Well Christine, Master and I all went... and managed to retreat with minimal damage... 
When I told my master " I started my journey before 9! How could you reach at 2pm sharp?!" 
Master: " Omg, why are you so kiasu??!" 

... Lesson learnt... never go too early. If a rally starts at 2, we should reach there at 2. Or else we would be deemed as Kiasu...... T.T


Exhausted.... 110 more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment